Sunday, June 6, 2010

Mountain Quilt Quest - June 9-12, 2010

Hello everyone! My apologies for not updating my blogspot - but things have been quite hectic at the shop and at home. We are in the final countdown before the "hop" and I think I met myself coming as I was leaving the shop the other night!! Ha!

Seriously, I am really excited about the shophop this year. As many of you know, we waited anxiously for our beautiful "Visions of WV" fabric to arrive. Now that we have had it for a few weeks - the big question was - WHAT DO I DO WITH IT?????
I have so many ideas and the fact that it is so versatile that I do believe it will coordinate with any fabric in my shop - which way will I go? We've ponder and pouted and finally started stitching - only to say - oh my - Isn't that Beautiful!!! Let's do another project . I believe this fabric could become addictive. So - beware all you hoppers - I think you will be pleasantly surprised to see what our 12 shops have come up with to tempt you.

Our exclusive shophop fabric will be available at all 12 participating shops - You will need to purchase 1 yard at your favorite local quilt shop(which will be used in all 12 blocks) - then travel to each of the 12 shops to pick up a "kit" for $6.00 which includes 1/2 yard of fabric and a pattern for a 12 1/2" block. At the end of the "hop" you will have all 12 blocks, and probably endless ideas of what else you can do with the "extra" shophop fabrics you knew you just had to have.

We will be giving away charms to those who visit the shops and will have Charm Holder Pins for sale for those that need one ($12.00)

I hope all can come by and check out our "Vision of West Virginia".

Will post pictures on Wednesday -

Happy Hopping - Phyllis

No comments: